Clockparts-Uk

Clockparts-UK show an address based in Sheffield UK. Has anyone ever had any dealings with them ?

I ask because I placed an order with them on 31/10/14 and have not received anything so far.

I have advised them and their response was : 

"

Thank you for your email.  I’m sorry to hear that this hasn’t yet arrived.

Your order was processed and prepared on Monday, dispatched Tuesday to the address as shown below"

Its only some small parts not a large parcel so I would have thought Royal Mail would have delivered by now if it was dispatched on 4th November ?

Never heard of them.

But if you paid with Credit Card or Paypal then you should be protected.

From what I understand the office of fair trading's distance selling regulations would put the responsibility for lost parcels in the hands of the merchant.

Thanks for the reply I just wondered if I was one in a long line of non deliveries.

It could be simply that Royal Mail are dragging their heels. 

I'll leave it until Monday and then if its still not received I'll go in with all guns blazing :judge:

Hi Ewan,

I can't probably be very objective due to the distance/country but where I am (US) royal mail from cousinsUK takes at least 3 good weeks if not a month to get here (tiny watch parts). It feels like their transportation is a row boat...and they are merrily having fun with all the ocean fish and tackle...Might have learned this part of the trade from our shippers here in US, they are great fishermen and fisherwomen!

I used them this year to purchase a sweeping action Quartz clock movement.

If my memory serves me well there was no issues. The company I do avoid is AG Thomas I have used them twice and both times after 8/9 weeks of my purchases my card was cloned. I complained but no reply.

Edited by clockboy

If my memory serves me well there was no issues. The company I do avoid is AG Thomas I have used them twice and both times after 8/9 weeks of my purchases my card was cloned. I complained but no reply.

Citizen told me to use AG Thomas for a replacrment movement. Think I'll give them a wide berth then.

Slightly worrying, ive used them alot.......

I might have been just coincidence but I did a trace through my bank account transactions over two years and the only trigger point was 8/9 weeks after the purchase with AG my card was attempted to be cloned. The bank told me that despite my suspicions they are not allowed to keep the details of this for more than 8 weeks (data protection act) thats why the clone is not attempted until at least 8 weeks after they have gained your card details.

I don,t know how the online shopping is conducted now at  AG but it was never a secure system. Just giving your card details to the seller is just not secure i.e.  at Cousins directs your payment to another secure server, another secure way is Paypal.

I can imagine credit cards and such taken over the phone are not put straight into the PDQ and that there left out until someone has time to process the order. I work in business software and some large companies have terrifying ways of storing customer details

Well, there was nothing at the sorting office and when I emailed Clockparts they simply said it was definitely sent on 4th Nov and they would refund my card - no quibble no argument.

I'm happy with the outcome but when I've had problems with orders in the past refunding the card seemed to be used as the very last option so I can't help feeling the parcel wasn't sent in the first place.

Oh well, "All's well that ends well" as the Bard said :D

Well, there was nothing at the sorting office and when I emailed Clockparts they simply said it was definitely sent on 4th Nov and they would refund my card - no quibble no argument.

I'm happy with the outcome but when I've had problems with orders in the past refunding the card seemed to be used as the very last option so I can't help feeling the parcel wasn't sent in the first place.

Oh well, "All's well that ends well" as the Bard said :D

Well at least they did not string you along like some eBay sellers tend to do. Well done Ewan.

Slightly worrying, ive used them alot.......

I used AG Thomas last year for clock mainsprings, parts arrived in a couple of days no probs !