jewel press ?

clockshop

Just getting some tools together, been offered a swiss jewel press with all the parts etc stumps, how much do i need one of these, is it worth buying ? any help would be appreciated,

regards john

Its not the sort of tool one would use or need if you are a beginner or new to watch repairing/making. If all the parts are there, all is in good condition and the price is right for you then I would buy it. The more watch work and the more you progress you sure will need one.

8 hours ago, jdrichard said:

Like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Closing hand collets, adjusting end-shakes, reaming/broaching upright holes, flattening dents in dials and hands, peening hands to form a curve, closing hole sizes, etc.

There are some fancy accessories that you also get with the larger set detailed in the manual here:

ihc185.infopop.cc/helphand/pdf/seitz.pdf

• Like 1

Closing hand collets, adjusting end-shakes, reaming/broaching upright holes, flattening dents in dials and hands, peening hands to form a curve, closing hole sizes, etc.
There are some fancy accessories that you also get with the larger set detailed in the manual here:
ihc185.infopop.cc/helphand/pdf/seitz.pdf

Hey, big thanks. I do have the Seitz set

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Bringing this old thread back to life, as I have similar problem. I did follow this advice, but while inserting a male stem (crown side) and just pushed it to the female part, and the fork (female side) of the stem has broken. What is the right way? Push the stem part so it widens the gap and fits in? Why it was then receiving side got broken? Old metal? It is a vintage watch from late 60s.    or the outer part should be inserted somehow from the side (slipping to the gap), but I don’t have space there for this manipulation. The watch is Orient Fineness monocoque case.   thank you!  
    • Thats insane Nev that you cut those tiny pinion teeth with a cutter you designed and made. 
    • I certainly do Razz. Ive just started work on this AS554, interestingly enough it had a paper dial made from a postcard , look at the brand name on the dial, very curious. 
    • [SBGA405] Grand Seiko “Godzilla” Spring DriveI always enjoy coming back at the end of the week to my first Spring Drive watch which is a combined automatic mechanical watch and a high quality quartz — a Spring Drive.Impressive accuracy (10 seconds per month) and wears remarkably comfortable at 44.5 mm in diameter and 95 gm.Love the power reserve indicator, and the colour of the dial amd the watch band.One of my “perfect” watches!!😍
    • Yep, so we got a 10 1/2  ligne movement, thats the starting point now these bad boys books should hopefully get us across the finishing line . Next we need a good clear picture of that rocking bar, the setting lever and the setting lever spring. I've already got an idea what it might be.