Greetings, fellow horology lovers! My name is Chris. I live in central Florida in the US. I only finished Mark's online course about a month ago and find myself obsessed with watches. It seems to creep up on you unawares. This is my first post though I've been a patron for a couple weeks or so. I've been busy online watching Mark's videos and buying every watchmaker's tool that comes to mind. My wife's gonna kill me when she see's our next credit card invoice. I'm a 63-year-old roofer who has always suffered from shaky hands. What better hobby could I have gotten into? Aside from surfing when I was in my 20s, this is my first hobby ever. I recently won a bid on eBay of some poor soul's tools left behind and I have three that I have no real idea what they are. I thought it might be fun to upload a photo and see if you guys could help a noob out. If anyone wants to see more or closer shots, just let me know. Thanks

abc.jpg

Thanks, Tim. I accidentally bought one of those yesterday on eBay. I didn't even notice it being with the cannon pinion puller  I was after. Now I have four tools that do the same thing I hope I'll never have to do. If it comes along though, I'll be ready to learn.

unnamed.jpg

• 8 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By MarkM
      Thank you. Glad to be part of a watch forum at last. I hope this isn't a place with cantankerous opinions about things that are mere preferences... like the best watch ever made (the one on my wrist), where watches should be made (wherever makes a good watch affordable to me), and the relative airspeed velocity of an African sparrow...
    • By TheoB
      Greetings!
      I am still very new to the hobby but have been tinkering with watches off and on for the past few years. I first started playing around with the cheapest  60’s and 70’s era Seiko watches that I could purchase from eBay (which was pretty frustrating as a total newbie as they often turned out to be 'Frankenwatches' that were impossible to regulate). However, I quickly learned to spend a little more money collecting watches that were relatively original and intact. 
      My interest is still mostly in collecting and tinkering with old Seiko watches, but I have recently been interested in old American (mostly Elgin) wrist and pocket watches. 
      Anyway, I was very excited to find this forum as it seems to be a fantastic resource and friendly place to share and discuss this hobby with others. 
      Best Regards
      Theodore
    • By TonyC
      Hi. My name is Tony. I'm from New Jersey, in the United States. I have a modest entry level collection of quartz and mechanical watches.
           I enjoy repairing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. I want to learn how to maintain and repair a wide variety of watches.
           I'm looking forward to learning about watch repair and making Friends in this forum.
    • By kma2018
      I'm happy to finally start posting on this terrific watch repair community forum. I've been a member for almost a year, but have been mostly searching the forum for asked and answered questions that might help me with my novice watch repair techniques. I'm a vintage watch enthusiast with a special love of Timex watches from the 1950s  through the 1970s. I developed an interest in watches about 4 years ago when I rediscovered two mechanical watches (a vintage Longines and a Seiko 5) that my father had left in a desk drawer years ago before he passed. Amazingly, both ran in spite of never having been serviced! I was hooked and began my own mechanical watch journey. I'm looking forward to learning more from this wonderful community.
    • By alanbid
      Hi,
      New to this, but have always enjoyed watches, but now getting more involved with easy repairs..
      Thanks for having me,
      Alan