How To Adjust Bergson 30115-2 Micrometer

jdrichard

Did it come with any tools? Normally you would have a c-spanner and this would be used to move the spindle.

Not familiar with this model but I suspect the black collar where the sliding anvil comes out will loosen the sleeve, allowing you to 'zero' the tool correctly.

These usually do not need adjusting and such a big error as yours could be caused by dropping the instrument. Check that the measuring surface (called anvils) meet 'flat' otherwise it will never measure correctly. This can be straightened but needs a machinist to do it well.

Anilv

• Like 1

Did it come with any tools? Normally you would have a c-spanner and this would be used to move the spindle.
Not familiar with this model but I suspect the black collar where the sliding anvil comes out will loosen the sleeve, allowing you to 'zero' the tool correctly.
These usually do not need adjusting and such a big error as yours could be caused by dropping the instrument. Check that the measuring surface (called anvils) meet 'flat' otherwise it will never measure correctly. This can be straightened but needs a machinist to do it well.
Anilv

Did not come with any tools and there is a small screw on the side as well.6fd062700138b04de3c041d0603165a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can remove the set screw and move the index barrel round that may solve.

These are pretty simple tools and are meant to come apart for cleaning. To work well they need to be greased and function smoothly. A binding tool may give the impression that the tool is up close to the item being measured when its actually the tool binding.

Good luck!

Anilv.

8 hours ago, anilv said:

These are pretty simple tools and are meant to come apart for cleaning. To work well they need to be greased and function smoothly. A binding tool may give the impression that the tool is up close to the item being measured when its actually the tool binding.

Good luck!

Anilv.

Don't use grease. Maybe some 9010 would work best. To thick grease or oil and it won't work.

Edited by rogart63
  • Like 2

Good luck!
Anilv.

Is the small screw next to the Zero the Set Screw?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Good luck!
Anilv.

6 minutes ago, jdrichard said:

Loosen that a little and you can turn it to zero the  scale. Make sure the parts are clean and the measuring pins are clean . Or what they are called. No need to loosen anything where the friction pin is i think. 

Loosen that a little and you can turn it to zero the  scale. Make sure the parts are clean and the measuring pins are clean . Or what they are called. No need to loosen anything where the friction pin is i think. 

I'll try that, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro