Let's Start The Day With A Piece Of Crap...

The mind boggles, what a piece of junk, the clever bit is selling it at £108.  When there are many good quality reasonably priced movements available one has to wonder why Swatch went to all the trouble of developing it, just to save a buck or two.  My Chinese Rolex look alike @ £14.95 from Ebay is a proper 21 Jewel? automatic and twice the watch the Swatch will ever be.

• Like 1

Weird. I wonder why any of the rest of the watch uses metal, if the most important part is made of plastic.

Perhaps it's a joke? Maybe they're making fun of someone or something? If so, of whom or what? And why?

Of course, there might be a technical reason for it. Perhaps it's pure teflon (see wikipedia article) with its extremely low coefficient of friction?

Well, all it takes is some very bad corporate decisions to sink an industry. Let's hope Swatch is not pushing it too far with the prices, product quality and over all crappy politics for their products...I really like some of the brands under their umbrella.

Hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, I feel like sending the guy a couple of quid to go towards the somewhat priceless info we've got after dismantling what can only be described as a proper piece of crap!. Have swatch really lost the plot with this.?....do watches really need to be made this way?. Totally understand the need to challenge new materials and techniques but this is so far off the mark it's a joke.

• 2 weeks later...

Who is in charge of the Swatch Group at the moment?!  Because presently its an insane asylum being run by the inmates!

Firstly the Swatch Group announces they are no longer supplying spare parts to independent watchmakers, and now they're hyping a caliber with designed obsolesce.

Is this the future of Swiss watchmaking?  If it is, then they have no future.

ROFL!

Just posted what I think of this piece of rubbish on Swatches advert for it, on their Utube Channel, with a link to the very informative article Will posted here ... and guess what?

They pulled my comment within 2minutes of me posting it ... ha ha ha ha, typical!

Just taken a brief look at U toob and it appears that this watch does seem to be reasonably well received by a fair number of mugs err people, or have Smersh err Spectre err Swatch (thats right isnt it) deleted all the bad posts? Careful what you say or the new CEO may come round and make you uncomfortable.

post-80-0-13552400-1412791271.jpg

• Like 2

No still around I'm affraid, changed his name to that of a well known British high street bank & currently residing with his clone on the island of Brechou in the Channel Islands. First order of business - take over the neighbouring island of Sark & then the world!

Edited by Blacklab