Greetings From Dublin :)

PadraicB

I'm still in the reading & watching videos stage of watch servicing and repair as a hobby, and starting to slowly collect the needed tools. I have a few books to work through and some sense of the good online courses available which I'll be looking forward to.

In my case, learning about working on mechanical watches is derived my first stage symptom as a budding collector. I have a few Bulovas which are 1930s, and I'm looking forward to receiving an inexpensive Elgin A-11 I managed to get a line on before going crazy elsewhere. Of course, it's all downhill from there ;). Now that I have an Elgin A-11, I wonder if it needs company from its cousins, Mr. Bulova and Mr. Waltham. Give me time, and I'll also put my DIY skills to work for a proper display cabinet...

Note: The vintage watches will all head straight to a professional for servicing as needed. I can just imagine sitting there with my new screwdrivers, staring down at an 80 year old Bulova, and wondering why there's a spare wheel on the worktop after reassembly. :P I'll be sticking to something a bit cheaper to replace for a very long time to come.

Welcome from Newcastle - are you far from St James gate - hoping we can construct a pipeline (:-))

Cheers,

Vich

I'm on the same side of the Liffey, and I wouldn't trust the local council's pipeline planning skills ;). The water pipes around here leak at a ridiculous rate.

Greetings from Wicklow, Padraic...

Greetings! I guess we can share some sulking at this morning's overcast weather then? :P