Luminox 3050 automatic replacement

Hello all, 

So I've got a question for a newbie. I'm looking to replace the movement in a run down Luminox with an automatic movement. The movement that comes in it is a Ronda 515. I am thinking of replacing it with a Miyota 9015. The width is the same, but the depth is a touch off. Current movement 3mm thick and new one would be 3.9mm. 

Do you think it would fit in the case? If not, any suggestions for an automatic movement that would fit in the Luminox?

Thank you

Hello all, 

So I've got a question for a newbie. I'm looking to replace the movement in a run down Luminox with an automatic movement. The movement that comes in it is a Ronda 515. I am thinking of replacing it with a Miyota 9015. The width is the same, but the depth is a touch off. Current movement 3mm thick and new one would be 3.9mm. 
Do you think it would fit in the case? If not, any suggestions for an automatic movement that would fit in the Luminox?

Thank you
It might, but I very much doubt it. That's almost a hole mm difference. The problem you're going to have, is the increased depth with an auto, due to the winding rotor.
You may do better to look for a suitable manual wind replacement.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Also the really important thing is that the movement has to sit at exactly the right depth in order for the stem to be straight in the crown tube. You would also require different hands and the whole thing would end up looking strange. That Ronda 515 is only $20 bucks on the ‘bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn't think it would be that easy.....just looking to get rid of batteries on this thing, but not willing to move on to something else. Kind of like replacing the engine in your truck instead of getting a new one....that's just the type of guy I am. I'm trying to get her back up to par with what she once was....or close enough. New crystal, bracelet, so while I was at it.....possibly movement. 

Thank you again, 

Cory