Crystal/movement Replacment

DMS

I own a Seiko watch which is quite a number of years old and my grandson, aged 5 took it out without me knowing and has smached the crystal on the watch.  How do I go about sizing it, and where should I look for the Crystal?

On a second question, I would like to replace an automatic movement from a VOKEN watch,  that has a lot of damaged, with a new movement, the watch has a day/date and has these numbers on the back plate;  V6 8W     4V-00009 ..  How do I go about sizing this up and making sure that it will fit with the day date the right way round, Also where could I order one from.

I know that you gentlemen have a lot of experiance between you, and I hope you can help this amature out of this situation.

Thank you all very much.

David.

Edited by DMS

There's a lot of confusion about Voken - some say it's a Russian make, others a Japanese - and others a Japanese movement in a Russian-made watch...

My guess is that it's a Japanese movement, but it's fairly obscure stuff from the '70s or '80s...

• Like 1

Hi David,

About the Seiko, there is a number on the case should look like 7S26- XXXX. the first for letters/numbers are the movement caliper and the last 4 numbers/letters (represented by X) is the case type. With those numbers you can order the right crystal. Here in US I either go to Esslinger or to ofrei....

The other watch I'm not familiar with. In any case, if you could post pictures of both it would be very helpful.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

For the Seiko watch the numbers on the back read; 7123 - 8540-P G,  The crystal that's on there at the moment is flat and not domed so should I order a flat one or domed one as WRT Addict suggests?

Thank you.

David.

Best to install an original if you can get one.

This case number shows up on Cousins and the glass is available.

Just pop S15430 into the search on Cousins and this should be the correct glass.

• Like 1