What is it called? Hairspring Pin/Stud/wedge/plug...

Hi - I have a few old wristwatches, I'm transplanting the hairsprings from donor watches. They all have small brass pins/wedges pinning the outside end of the hairspring into the balance cock 'stud'. 
This seems to be a fiddly job and I've managed to lose 5 of the pins so far (all sent flying to the four corners of the room, never to be seen again!). So I'm out of pins now.

I presumed these would just be called hairspring or regulator 'pins', but I see on the web that regulator 'pins' can also refer to the 2 vertical 'pins' on the regulator that the hairspring travels between.

So my question is simple - what are these little brass pins/wedges/plugs actually called so I can buy some (various sizes)?

I contacted CousinsUK to see if these might be correct 'https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/hairspring-collets-pins-wristwatch?code=S37391', but they seemed to know less about the product than me! There reply was 'We have followed up your query, however unfortunately the information you have requested is not available. All the information that is available is already on the website....'

As I mentioned I need a variety of sizes (diameters) if possible.

Thanks

• Like 1

Thanks for that. I've just been searching some more on CousinsUK and found something called 'Hairspring Fixing Pins', which seem to be exactly the same as the 'Hairspring Regulating Pins' I mentioned above (same code number, photo etc)... so I guess it must be those. I'm surprised Cousins Support couldn't tell me that though.
Thanks again

19 hours ago, Marc said:

Ah, the write-up regarding taper pins is wonderful- thanks!  I tried a few times to turn a replacement on the lathe and discovered it was nearly impossible to turn one narrow enough from brass; so I cheated and turned one from steel (fear not, the pin is installed in my daughter's Cinderella watch).

The assortment of hairspring fixing pins should give you what you want. They are used to attach the collet  as well as the stud. I have some that I've acquired  from various sources, but I think the next time I don't have what I need I'm going to follow @Marc's  instructions and make my own.