Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


RyMoeller last won the day on July 7 2019

RyMoeller had the most liked content!

About RyMoeller

  • Rank
    WRT Addict

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Watchmaking (naturally), Aviation, Formula One, and Family

Recent Profile Visitors

19,620 profile views
  1. The only watch I've seen with the Calibre 39 was Eterna's Kontiki chronograph and I've heard that Eterna isn't making watches anymore (although they still have an online presence so talk of their demise may just be an old dead rumor) but I wonder if this movement ever shows up elsewhere in the market. I've been interested for years but haven't seen much in that time either. I'd love to get my hands on the movement.
  2. "Shelter in Place" has me working on a Movado chronograph I picked up some time ago. The case is a Taubert/Borgel and needed the pendant tube repaired. Now with that out of the way I need to cut a new cork gasket and figure out how to squeeze it into the tube (that should be fun).
  3. Thanks sharing about your setup. I'm a way from getting there (I'm in the middle of a move right now so I have no workshop at all) but I'm looking forward to investing a bit of time and money into getting a proper machine shop going that works on the hundredths of a millimeter scale and you've given me some good ideas on what I should be looking for and how to approach the challenge.
  4. Unlikely, but you are correct that assembling one from parts would be cheaper (well, assuming you have the tools and skills to get it back together) than buying a genuine secondhand. I've done two Omega Speedmasters that way- it was cheaper than buying a secondhand Speedmaster but only if you exclude the money I spent on tools, oils, etc.
  5. Wait a minute- are you sure it was modded to look like a field watch and not just beat up through normal usage? Maybe your missing the point of the Brando piece. Buy a nice watch that will last a lifetime and wear the hell out of it.
  6. If you don't mind the prying, can you offer some details of the CNC machine you're using also? I know Watchguy has been using a small CNC to produce parts for the past couple of years and I'm aiming to do the same in the near future. He's been using an economical Chinese built system with some impressive results.
  7. The minute jumper looks fantastic- I think you're a bit had on yourself there! The Longines chronograph movement is gorgeous. They are rare thing today and I can only hope one crosses my bench eventually. Lemania's 5100 is well loved because of it's bullet-proof nature. I've worked on one and was amazed at how easy it was to assemble and also that it required no tuning to get the chronograph function working properly. It's sad they don't produce them anymore. The C01.211 is just a shadow of the 5100.
  8. Hello Darrel, welcome to the forum.
  9. I always found that part of watch collecting a bit depressing. In the collector's eye the best watch is the unloved one- bought and never worn. (sigh) I had to tune in for the episode though. Gorgeous watch (although I like the model 6239 better). It wouldn't surprise me if it goes for over a million USD at auction. It was a very sound investment.
  10. The replica industry is a odd beast- I know a lot of people who are pretty darn shallow though. I know someone who owns a replica and won't wear it because they are worried about being robbed. (eyes rolling) Personally, I don't think I'd buy a Rolex unless I had it under the loupe first.
  11. Oh how awful; you have my condolences. The only time I don't have a cat is when I'm grieving over the last one. I had my first cat from age 10 to 29- absolutely my best friend in the whole world and I was devastated when she passed away. None who came after could replace her but they always did the job well enough. Just having one in the room is enough to suck the stress and tension from the air. I'll give "Chooch" a little extra gourmet kitty food tonight in honor of Cookie.
  12. Forgot I had one of these- it might be helpful (sadly I only have the first page). Pierce 134.pdf
  13. I think the PDF was a reference to the Esemble-O-Graf service manual for the Pierce 134 (volume 15). I did a bit of hunting on the internet and cannot find pdf's of the Esembl-O-Grafs anymore. You can purchase them secondhand from eBay though. I would suggest the CD version which has a PDF of each of the 28 volumes.
  14. Still trying to get a Rolex in the collection - looks like 2020 won't be the year though. (sigh)
  15. That's a beautiful watch but the market is small. I have a nearly identical Tissot in 14k white gold which I picked up for $75. An Omega would command more I'm sure.
  • Create New...