Suunto Watch Repair

Does anyone know anything about Suunto Watches and how to diagnose issues and repair them without sending them to Suunto?

Thanks for the help. 

Hello Ray,

I am assuming you're having a problem with your watch and don't want to send it back to Suunto to fix? I looked them up, and they look to be mostly quartz or digital type movements. If yours is one of these, it is usually easier to replace the movement when issues with function arise....You'll have to open the back and take a picture of the movement to determine.

J

I am assuming you're having a problem with your watch and don't want to send it back to Suunto to fix?

Actually, no.. I am the watch repair person for an internet sales company and we have some defective Suuntos laying around and I don't YET know how to fix them.. And I thought I would collect some information on them first before I break one to learn more. 

They appear to be more computer than watch. You might struggle to get a repair outside the dealer/manufacturer network.
Good luck, Neil

Yea.. this is what I am afraid of.. I don't have much experience with digital and electronic repair, I generally just replace circuit boards and whole digital movements when issues come up with those. 

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I will do more research :D

• Like 2

Being a tool watch, the impact if it fails in use has to be considered. If this is not your watch then you may face liability issues.

A factory repair will be tested and guaranteed (and they have insurance).

Anils

• Like 1

Being a tool watch, the impact if it fails in use has to be considered. If this is not your watch then you may face liability issues.

A factory repair will be tested and guaranteed (and they have insurance).

I think the issue is, as mentioned above, that these are build around electronic modules which can't be repaired or obtained.

Not anything like liability, because in the end these are consumer products just like anything other watch, there is no law or regulation repairer responsability, at least in my country. Or do you think that Suunto would step in an pay anything more than a replacement, for any possible negative event involving their products :huh:

• Like 1