Help with identification of pocket watch please

Guys I've another one on the bench ready for the full restoration, on the dial it says meridian watch co, Roberts, campaign watch, Swiss made.

on the case it says index, west end watch co,

the movement has a mark that I haven't seen before or am able to find on the net.

i know that watch movements were put into different manufacturers cases so no worries there.

the biggest problem is I need a balance staff for it, wonder if Rhonda would do one????

IMG_7530.JPG

IMG_7525.JPG

IMG_7526.JPG

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

You can find the makers mark on Mikrolisk by searching here for Meridian

http://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php?site=280#sucheMarker

It seems likely this could be an in house movement so you will struggle to buy parts, however, it may be made from an ebauche and removing the dial may tell you more.

You may be able to match up the movement by movement size and shape of the keyless works parts in a catalogue. The only way I know how to find one on line is at Ernst Westphal. You need to create an account and must use a desktop browser such as Chrome to view it though.

Hello clockboy, definitely not a dollar watch, I have quite a few of them ( smiths ingersoll )

will need to do a lot of research on this one, more time required to scour the internet, whilst I still finish off that orient cal. 1946 that i have on the bench, which i might add mysteriously stopped overnight.

Definately not a railroad watch the standard looking quality and lack of regulator fine adjustment is just not there for that.  

I think it was made to commemorate Lord Roberts military campaign in the second Boer War of 1900.

Here's some positive information:-

IMG_3219.PNG

IMG_3220.PNG

IMG_3221.PNG

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Right now I'm making do with a similar micrometer (the one below is $45 shipped but you can find better deals) and a $20 stand. You do have to be excruciatingly careful measuring jewels, since there's no table, but if you don't have the $500 to throw around, it's a nice option.
    • As  I kid, I'd watch Godzilla stomping over buildings and cars and I'd think to myself: Tokyo is a really dangerous place to live... . Cool watch!!
    • Next one up an AS 554, looks like a bit more to this one. First job is to check thickness, most springs are somewhere between .3 and .4, this one measures .35, that matches in with the .4 spring steel i ordered. So for marking up a permanent marker comes in handy to colour up the steel to be marked later with a scriber once its dry. Bestfit provide the extra bit of info for the jumper spring that is missing.
    • Thanks again, Marc.  Super helpful. I was wondering what the hole was for, and now it makes perfect sense. With your help and the other members here, it looks like I'm good to go with my Seitz tool set. I had to order some replacement pushers, but with those, the set is complete and in good condition. Now, I need to figure out what tool to buy to measure jewels (amongst other watch-related parts). I had my eye on the JKA Feintaster micrometers, but people get crazy bidding on them for $400-600 USD. I was thinking of just a regular digital micrometer (Mitutoyo). Thoughts?  Mahalo. Frank      
    • Yep, that's exactly how it should fit. The reamer shank is tapered and the socket in the spindle is also tapered so that the one centers in the other and is gripped tightly. If there is any wobble when the reamer is seated as far it will go then there is a problem. The cross hole in the spindle is to allow you the push the reamer back out again. If the reamer seated much deeper then it would limit the access for pushing it back out again. Here is one of mine for comparison.