Landeron 39 help needed!

Stian

Hi guys,

I am planning to service this Landeron 39, but have a couple of questions:

First, how do I get the movement out of the case... (yeah, idiot question). See pictures. 2e20514e368fe97b20647d8c13a676ba.jpg

8b646df9cf43c7a6d045d84c66e0d29c.jpg

The second question is whether anyone had the tech sheet for the 39? I have the 48 tech sheet and there seems to be a fair likeness, but still not the same.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Stian

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi @Stian,

maybe you can try the same steps to get the movement out as in this thread:

I didn't find a Landeron 39 service manual on the net, but here is a walkthrough on timezone:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=6387670&rid=12189#msg_6387670

I don't know anything about your skills, but I would suggest to study Mark's Venus-175-service-video on youtube. Of course it's not the same movement, but it's a pillar wheel chrono and you can learn a lot about techniques and lubrication.

Good luck, nice project! I'm working on my first chrono right now (Landeron 248) and it's really big fun. 

To remove the movement; Remove the bezel complete with crystal as the movement comes out the front. To do this very carefully press a single sided razor blade inserted underneath the bezel.  Once it starts to separate, change to a Stanley knife that is a bit thicker.  Now you should be able to get a case knife into the gap easily to prise the bezel off.

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Just to be sure: Do I need to remove the pushers first then? it seems to me the movement won't come out with them in? And Geo, the crystal is already off, so with bezel do you mean the case? 

Stian

Have a look at the edge of the case and you will see a thin line where the two halves come together.  This is where you will have to split it as I described earlier.  You didn't have to remove the crystal.

Alright, thanks. Do I have to remove the pushers? And if so, how do I do that?

Sorry for the perhaps basic questions, I'm mostly doing non - chronos.

Stian

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Delgetti said:

I think first you have to disassemble the fly-back-lever and the operating lever while the movement is still in the case. Then you can take out the pushers.

I did a Landeron 48 some time back and I seem to recall taking the movement out with the pushers but it's probably easier to remove them first.