Omega Issue

A faulty click usually prevents the mainspring from unwinding, but I can't imagine how it could contribute to the movement stopping - whereas a broken mainspring would do that immediately.

Does it just wind continuously - or does it wind then just unwind with the crown slipping through the fingers? The first is mainspring, the second the click.

the mainspring appears fine...the photo has it at a full wind...I feel as though it is a click spring issue...the finger of the click is not engaged with the ratchet wheel it is the heal of the click..

It certainly looks like it. Let the mainspring down then remove the ratchet wheel and you will be able to tell if the click is operating correctly by moving it with a piece of pegwood. With what you have said, it sounds like a faulty spring. Another possibility is someone my have fitted the wrong screw that does not have the correct shoulder on it.

Looks like the click has jammed?  Look at the position of the click finger and the flange around the screws.

Another cause may be the barrel lid was not closed properly.. resulting in the barrel getting stuck.

1st step.. release mainspring power.

2nd step try to wind the mainspring using screwdriver on the ratchet wheel.. by applying pressure on the screw the watch should start running.. give the balance a push to help start it up...

if that doesnt work..

3rd step apply pressure on the barrel teeth, you should be able to see them from the edge of the movement.

4th step.. remove bridge and examine barrel pivots, endshake of barrel, you need to remove the seconds-pinion bridge and seconds pinion first.

Sounds serious but in reality quite simple to do..

Let us know how it goes..

Anil