Seiko 7S26-0030

clockboy

Purchased for myself this non working & badly scratched Seiko 7S26-0030 which is a mid sized diver. Interesting project that was on & off my bench for a couple one months. New Seiko parts fitted dial, stem,crystal & bezel. After market parts the hands & mainspring.

The only issue was when I fitted a GR2378X mainspring I had problems with the centre coil around the arbour slipping. I tried to reduce the final bend around the barrel arbour but it still slipped. I don,t know if it was my Bergeon winder which arbours have very fat diameters made matters worse by re-widening the inner coil but it still slipped when under presser. Anyway I purchased a GR2377X which is slightly shorter in length but seemed to have a smaller inner coil & it worked.I polished out the case scratches with a Proxon fitted with cotton wheels and different grades of Dialux polishing compounds 

The strap is a mesh style from “watchgecko” who supply better quality straps.

Before.jpg

Before

After.jpg

After

• Like 3

it's a real beauty, now! nice job on that refurb.

i bought one about a year ago off of the bay. i got it cheap (60 or 70 bucks IIRC) and it's perfect in every way. it looks as if it were never worn. i wear it occasionally because it is just a hint too small. but it's a keeper.

this size would be good for a lady also, i think. well....unless her name is olga and she tops out at 15 stone.