Johnson Grounds fusee movement disassembly

szbalogh

Do you intend to repair the chain or try for a replacement. Repairing the chain is not an easy task, if your not careful you will do more damage then you already have. You might need to take the fusse apart to check the teeth on the ratchet, also you will be able to grease the ratchet. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Do you intend to repair the chain or try for a replacement. Repairing the chain is not an easy task, if your not careful you will do more damage then you already have. You might need to take the fusse apart to check the teeth on the ratchet, also you will be able to grease the ratchet. 

Repair for sure ;) Already collected the tools and materials.

Just wanted to ask if the ratchet/fusee cone should be disassembled. As i remember it is also secured together with a pin. 

Please look at this picture! Browsing around the net i have noticed that there is a click wheel missing, but the click is present (green circle).

But maybe is there an other click in this movement? Please look at the part in the red circle, which engaging that steel gear mounted in the fusee cone (red arrow). Is this normal? Or what is behind this?

Click.jpg

My sight isn't very good these days. The part in the red circle looks like its for the maintaining power, when its between the plates it rests on the fusee wheel.  Here's a picture of what the ratchet wheel looks like. If you could get a closer photo I might be able to see better and help more.

Genuine-Pocket-Watch-Parts-Fusee-Under-Dial.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oldhippy said:

My sight isn't very good these days. The part in the red circle looks like its for the maintaining power, when its between the plates it rests on the fusee wheel.  Here's a picture of what the ratchet wheel looks like. If you could get a closer photo I might be able to see better and help more.

Yes, this is the type of ratchet gear i am missing. So both are needed for proper working?