gucci 9300/9400 problem

derek

good evening .

I have a gucci 9300/9400 not sure which, its just what it says on the instructions. i have just had the batteries replaced as i havnt used the watch for a long time. (yrs)

i can not get all the little dials to reset to zero. the minute dial does move when stopwatch is in operation, i just cant reset back to zero. i have been through the reset procedure correctly as far as i know. . the split second and second dials reset no problem, its just the minutes. ive opened it up but it tells me nothing, any ideas appreciated or maybe im doing it wrong . ive tried downloading the pdf of instructions of another post but download didnt work .

i just need to get it working fully so i can sell it. unless someone wants to make an offer as it is. complete with box,instructions and my original receipt from 1989 when i paid £579.96 . the only thing missing is the watch support from inside the box. its a black face with gold couloured dials and gold couloured outer with steel and gold couloured bracelet. hardly used and no scratches . looks like new.

You do know Gucci sold there brand name to anyone who was prepared to pay. As far as I know to day no one of the original Gucci family has anything to to do with the business. But the name is now back to very high end products in the fashion world. 

Edited by oldhippy
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Unfortunately like so many companies that made watches the name is the only thing that survives. Which is unfortunate for the consumer who may assume that the name refers back to the original company which it does not.

The difference here is Gucci never made watches.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

Unfortunately like so many companies that made watches the name is the only thing that survives. Which is unfortunate for the consumer who may assume that the name refers back to the original company which it does not.

I've seen Gucci watches in a 1st street jeweler/watch shop today. Of course, now as then, they have never been a watch manufacturer. Beside, the Gucci family image is kind of troubled by the paid homicide of the founder.  And they are not high-end at all, just typical mass-produced Swiss/Chinese quartz watches .

I think that if the OP has followed the instructions to reset all the hands and still can't do it, that may be very hard or even impossible to fix, even for a professional. But the movement can probably be purchased new for less than 80 pounds, not sure if that helps in reselling.