What kind of watch back is this and how do I open this up?

Psee

Here is a old hand winding titoni (authenticity will be another topic for another time) right now however I am abit puzzled by the watch back. It does not seem like a typical snapback or screw back so I have no idea how to open it.

Any ideas?

Any help from you guys would be perfect!

Photo_8-10-16,_3_59_36_PM.jpg

Photo_8-10-16,_3_59_44_PM.jpg

Absolutely! Even though the tool recommended by OldHippy is correct, I usually -- due to my set up, bench, etc: read limitations -- use this one:

59_0574__99318_1412972947_500_750.jpg

I suppose the cheap ones like the ones pictured above would also do since they are "closed" and made to size...And yes, it is a screw back. I don't think any rubber ball or similar solution will work if it is too tight. Sometimes you need the superglue/nut solution.

Cheers,

Bob

Hopefully that watch is "legit" CB...if not, it could definitely be a snap back!  As they say, innocent until proven guilty!! My take on it, if it turns but don't unscrew then it is both: fake and snap back! :D

I'm inclined to say it is screw back because of the presence -- and the way -- that gasket is shown...but S### happens, too!

14 hours ago, bobm12 said:

Absolutely! Even though the tool recommended by OldHippy is correct, I usually -- due to my set up, bench, etc: read limitations -- use this one:

59_0574__99318_1412972947_500_750.jpg

I suppose the cheap ones like the ones pictured above would also do since they are "closed" and made to size...And yes, it is a screw back. I don't think any rubber ball or similar solution will work if it is too tight. Sometimes you need the superglue/nut solution.

Cheers,

Bob

Oh! woah what is this tool call and where can i get one?

Those I believe are called Panerai (or Breitling or whatever, can't remember well) opening tools...the thing is, you just browse under "back opening tools" on Esslinger. They sell the whole set for about US$15. I suppose you can get them on ebay too.