6306,6309 oiling question

rogart63

7 hours ago, ausimax said:

They only work when setting the day/date, I don't oil them.

Okay. That would be nice if that would work? But they could be used really often if you don't use the watch every day? But on the other hand i have seldom seen any that was worn?  Some Lubeta 105 could work? 

What does Seiko recommend? 

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=Z2xlYXZlYW5kY28uY29tfHRlY2huaWNhbHxneDo1OTk4NDUzYmM3ODEzMzJi

Says normal quantity but which oil i can't see. Only black and white pdf . 

Edited by rogart63

19 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Okay. That would be nice if that would work? But they could be used really often if you don't use the watch every day? But on the other hand i have seldom seen any that was worn?  Some Lubeta 105 could work? 

What does Seiko recommend? 

Says normal quantity but which oil i can't see. Only black and white pdf . 

It indicates "Normal Quantity of Moebius A" which I believe translates to Moebius9010 although I would love to hear confirmation of that as this whole oil business is new territory to me. I was lucky enough to find the colour version in my hunting for info which I have hopefully attached to this post. Note: I can't remember where from so I can't be sure who to credit with the original upload, so apologies to the OP.

24._6309A.pdf

Edited by Pip
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pip said:

It indicates "Normal Quantity of Moebius A" which I believe translates to Moebius9010 although I would love to hear confirmation of that as this whole oil business is new territory to me.

Yes, Moebius A is 9010. As I've mentioned above, it's a better choice than HP1300 for this particular application (reaching to  arbors of permanently attached wheels), because being a fluid rather than an oil/grease, it will alcually reach to the part to be lubricated. Seiko still recommends the same for the current movements, and to ease access, the wheels are manufactured with recognizable cuts. Check illustration *2 on page 3 of the attached.

NE15-TG.pdf

• Like 1