Hello from Berkshire, UK

Pip

Hi all,

New member here, been lurking a while so thought it was about time I said hello! I've been reading and (hopefully) absorbing lots of information from this site but there's nothing to teach you like doing so I've just taken my first caseback off and am about halfway through a strip down of a non working Seiko 6119.So far I've done ok but am taking a short rest while some new screwdrivers wing their way to me - my old precision screwdrivers just aren't up to the job. I've also got an old Longine 6922 movement (sans case though) which is in bits in a box so no doubt I'll be trying to build that next to gain some more basic knowledge. I'm building up to a Seiko Helmet 6139-7101 I've got that's fairly garbage inside which I am planning to tackle when I have a bit more competence.

Anyway, no doubt I'll be begging for help with things in the not too distant future, and I'm looking forward to becoming part of your community.

Pip

Welcome Pip. Enjoy the forum & If you have a question re- a watch/clock  a picture is always helpful & there always seems to be a member to help you on your way.

Enjoy

PS A new element to the forum is to become a Patron. Mark is running this watch repair course that you might find useful.

• Like 1

Hello pip welcome to a great forum. Yes clockboy has done the right thing by pointing you towards marks new watch repair course I'm sure you'll learn alot. But everyone on here is always pleased to answer any question you may have.

• Like 1

Welcome from me too, Pip! I think the trend lately is to have most people who have been lurking to join "officially". This is good since it means our site is "irresistible"! :) I'm very pleased you decided to join our group of friends and experts...or not so experts, it doesn't matter expertise wise, just have a good time with us and our hobby!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Hello Pip and welcome,

at the risk of sounding like a broken record don't forget to take pics before and   after you take anything apart.  It is so much easier to it it back together when you have reference points.

You will get help if it is needed and Seikos are well catered for on this forum.

Cheers,

Vic

• Like 1

Hello Pip and welcome,

at the risk of sounding like a broken record don't forget to take pics before and   after you take anything apart.  It is so much easier to it it back together when you have reference points.

You will get help if it is needed and Seikos are well catered for on this forum.

Cheers,

Vic

Thanks Vic, and I won't. I've just counted and I've taken 64 pics so far and I'm about 3/4 of the way through disassembly of the Seiko. I'm actually on holiday at the moment, arrived on a sunshine island an hour or two ago so it'll be a week before I get going again. But I'll edit and select the pics and post when I'm done, and you can all smile about the new by mistakes I'm making [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1