A possible new supplier of SWISS Movements

Ive been looking around and I saw some recommendations for a Co in Switzerland called, STP apparently owned by the Fossil Group who make very good movements by all accounts.

Seeing Swatch and its band-wagon are picking up their marbles and going home, I thought I would see if they would deal with the likes of an amateur such as me...

Looks like they will, as Ive emailed them after registration to gain a access-code, explained that I'm not a professional watch guy, just an amateur...

IF they'll deal with me--I'm sure they'll be More than happy to deal with all you Real watch guys! Swatch can go stuff ETA where the sun don't shine for replacement  Decent SWISS movements anyway...  Not much, But its something.

• Like 1

Normally Swiss makers, including competitors start taking order from 300 pieces upward. Even the few onlline tools and material shops have a relatively high minimum order. If you are looking single movements look at the Chinese on Aliexpress or direct websites..

1 hour ago, clockboy said:

I have had worked on a couple of Fossil (Quartz) watches & I found them poor in construction &  made with flimsy materials. It will need to improve to compete with the swiss quality.

That's exactly what they are doing with this new in-house mechanical movement. The design is also getting likes.
Fossil-STP-Swiss-watch-movement-manufact

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/visit-stp-watch-movement-manufacture-fossil-group-answer-eta/

27 minutes ago, Alastair said:

It was just an idea, Shame about min-order quantities, May be worth me sending an email, see the response...

Even if they were to sell small q.ties, what the amateur or repairers would gain from that? The satisfaction of paying a 2824 sized movement quality movement maybe $250 instead of $350 (ETA), $300 (Sellita), or $100 (China)? The parts are not interchangeable anyway. The "new" Swiss manufacturers (Sellita, Soprod, STP, there are others too) only exist to give an alternate source to they parent company, brands that have broken bridges with ETA, ot reputable microbrands. Not for "us". 

Edited by jdm