Latest buy guys....what ya think... :-)

arkobugg

6 hours ago, rogart63 said:

Looking good :) Is it a 6105-8110? 

Actually it is a rebuildt 6309-7040 with aftermarked dial and hands. Look rather nice I think.

I am looking for an 6105-8110, buy Im in no hurry...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ro63rto said:

Nice vintage diver.

Have you seen the repro waffle straps?

Yes I have seen it, but I think I have also seen this type I have here in the period of time. At least I had an Altima Sports Professional back in 1973 an that had a similar strap like the Tropic Swiss.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• This is an 8 day duration Longcase clock. I has two key holes and it should have two lines of gut that when you wind it up they wind around the barrels. It strikes on the hour with rack striking. It also has silent and strike work.  Replacing the suspension spring is easy. I can't quite make out the name on the movement. Can you tell me please. It has a brass arched dial   does it measure 12 inches across? With the name and place I should be able to date it A photo of the case would be nice.   Richard long case clocks do not have fusee movements. 30 hour Longcase clocks work on an endless chain and have a single weight plus what is called a donut which is a small weight that helps the chain to run and hang correctly.  
    • 🤔 it runs from AC  electric. Perhaps a picture would better explain my set up, if you laugh i won't speak to you again 🤣 . Prepare to be blown away, are you ready ?  You haven't said " I was born ready " yet.   I'm waiting 😄
    • I cleaned the balance and pallet fork with hexane and a brush as well as peg wood for the spring. The spring which were on the main plate went into the regular cleaning: ultrasonic in lighter fluid for wash ultrasonic in lighter fluid for rinse 1 ultrasonic in IPA for rinse 2 Dried out with hair drier But the movements in this case were really unbelievably dirty.  I'll add picture today or tomorrow when I have my sd card reader and can extract them from the microscope camera.  Like if they had spent some time buried in the woods outside of a case so I am not sure that learning to clean such is really actively useful.
    • Hello, if you have seen some of my posts since I started in this forum you know that I am new to watch making and I have had my share of mishaps but I think here is an accurate statement of where I am: 1) I think I can disassemble and reassemble an ST36 correctly without damaging the hairspring or loosing parts (most of the time) 2) I think I can clean a movement which is reasonably dirty (a new movement or one like the 6T15 I worked on which has 15 year old lubrication but no actual dirt or water ingress). 3) I have an idea of how to lubricate a simple movement but not practiced much and I am pretty sure I am messing it up 4) I made a watch out of an ST36 and parts.  I messed up doing the same for an NH35 as I cut off the wrong dial feet (I swear I checked which I needed to keep and then somehow cut those off).   Here are the different things I did to learn (mostly in order) Learned to disassemble and reassemble the ST36 and broke the setting lever screw and messed up royally the hairspring in doing so.  I have had some success correcting some of the hairspring mess then made it worst when trying to completely correct it.  I have put repairing hairspring aside for a bit Disassembled and reassembled a cheap Chinese skeleton 2650G movement with center second Disassembled and reassembled a cheap Chinese Date, automatic and center second movement DG2813 ( mostly a Miyota clone for the base movement and automatic works but different for the date) almost successful but lost the spring for the date jumper Disassembled cleaned reassembled and lubricated a 15 year old 6T16.  Nothing lost nothing broken but the movement is working worst than before with a crazy timegrapher reading.  This came from a watch I haven't put it back in yet Disassembled cleaned and gave up on reassembling 2 junk slava 2414 movements coming as part of a set of broken soviet movements     So finally here is my question.  What do you think I should work on/practice next?   In term of available movement I mostly have a new ST36 and a new NH35.  I was thinking about practicing more with the ST36 trying to correctly clean and lubricate it.  I also thought, now that I have a working microscope camera and I should have a reader for the SD card soon I can not only take pictures but videos.  If I filmed the process and posted it would it be too much to ask for comments on what I should do different/better and what I am doing correctly?  I could try to do that with the NH35 too but with the date and automatic works it will be more complicated and I only have Moebius 800 and Molikote DX so no lubrication for the barrel.
    • Those springs are not the easiest to deal with for beginners. How are you cleaning them and what with ?