Self Introduction

WileyDave

Hello,

Just a little background on me:

My Great-grandfather worked at the Dueber-Hampden watch works in Canton Ohio, USA, and went to Moscow to help start First Moscow Watch Factory. I started collecting as a way to keep occupied since being laid off work. that was seven years ago! Fortunately I have been able to adjust to perhaps being 'semi-retired'. I have acquired many watches, both buying and selling on the bay, local 'boot' sales, estates and charity auctions, where ever I can find something unique. Most people know very little about watches, what makes them more sought after and are content to reach for their phones when they are asked 'what time is it'?. I guess I'm old fashioned, I enjoy seeing a watch made with precision/skill be made useful and valuable again. I always wonder who may have owned this before me?! I hope to make new acquaintances through this forum, perhaps share tips or tricks on some favorite models. Regards, Dave

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Dave - and thanks for a fascinating bit of personal history. I had a lovely Hampden curvex-style tank watch some time ago, and it was very nice indeed. If I remember correctly, Dueber made cases as well.