Omega Cal 8760 Pocketwatch Mainspring Needed

Anyone know a source for a Omega cal 8760 mainspring.

Checked Cousin's documents but they dont offer any info on this old Omega movement.

Dimensions are : 2.60 x 17.0 x 0.20mm

Just wondering if any members here have sourced a working mainspring for this movement.

Thanks !!

Anyone know a source for a Omega cal 8760 mainspring.

Checked Cousin's documents but they dont offer any info on this old Omega movement.

Dimensions are : 2.60 x 17.0 x 0.20mm

Could be this on Cousins?

Mainspring, 2.60 x .20 x 560 x 17 Non-Automatic GR6802

Cousins will let me ship them a part for cross reference to a new one ???

I find that hard to believe as one thing I've noticed from their website is the lack of 'technical' communication ability one could have with them.

They seem pretty closed doors to me.

Cousins will let me ship them a part for cross reference to a new one ???

I find that hard to believe as one thing I've noticed from their website is the lack of 'technical' communication ability one could have with them.

They seem pretty closed doors to me.

I don't think they will take a part for sample but if you call their number you will be answered courteously although I never attempted a technical conversation.

Bit confused here, it looks like the spring jdm found is exactly the right size.

2.6 x .2 x 560 x 17 is width x thickness x length x barrel diameter. Just need to make sure you have the right end type, and if you go by barrel diameter, be accurate to 0.5mm

Ranfft suggests that the number 8760 is not a calibre number but a patent number (it should appear next to the swiss brevet cross symbol), and that this is better identified as a 19"' Omega. In 1911 it was renamed Omega 42.7. http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&&2uswk&Omega_19. Ranfft also lists this size spring.

Cousins site has links to the GR catalogue pages and the spring dbh found is listed with 2 end types. The plain type doesnt have any applications listed but DBH is for Omega 19M.

There are many variants of the Omega 19"' movement so unless you have a bestfit catalogue to identify it, your best bet is to fit a spring that is most similar to the one you take out.

If you have enough time and sense of humour there are scans of the bestfit catalogues at Ernst Westphal, but you have to register.

Hope that helps

S