My 2 New Pierce Watches

Rafal

Both very nice. The movement in the second one - marked "Pierce Lever" on the ratchet - is a standard ETA1100, which is a good, solid movement incorporated into many brands of watches. I have two or three with this movement in, such as my City "Bravur" - a Swedish brand:

http://www.willswatchpages.com/eta-1100.html

Cheers,

Will

Chrono is in fact restoration job. It came with broken glass, bend second pinion and missing second hand. I got replacement second pinion in quite good condition so no need for washer replacement. Second hand is not original as I couldnt find proper one, Ive seen some which suppouse to be for that model but I wasnt happy with them. My watchmaker replaced tube on one of hands I had in my parts pile and it fits ok. Watch look cool and keeps good time so it will stay like that until I get proper hand.

i have 5 , bugger to get working, problem is the perishable part of the chrono, uses a vertical clutch

Roland Ranfft's advice is to replace the rubber (or leather on early versions) washer with a piece cut from a crystal protector sticker. I didn't have any of those so used two layers of an AA car winscreen sticker. I just punched it out with punches from a staking set, and glued it down with superglue. Roland says that the thickness is not important as that can be adjusted out, but one layer was too thin for that.

The Essembl-o-graph watchmaking manuals include one for the Pierce 134, which explains the function of every part and how to set all of the adjusters, which was invaluable. I actually had more difficulty with the base movement as I fitted a new balance complete and really struggled to form enough of a gap on the terminal curve to keep the second coil away from the curb pin and keep the collet centred at the same time.

Just my experience!

S

Edited by StuartBaker104

• 4 weeks later...