Eta 2789 Or Equivalent?

ro63rto

Hi all.

Saw a NOS Mido 1879 complete except for movent on ebay. Got it for $15 plus postage.

As it was cheap, I kind of want to get a movement cheap too. It takes an ETA 2789 but new or decent used ones are not that plentiful. I have a few donors on my watch list.

Failing that, is there another movement that is the same size/spec that I could use?

Screenshot_2015-11-11-17-32-20.png

Screenshot_2015-11-11-17-32-34.png

I have a ETA 2409 and a lot of parts for 2772 . The 2772 is not complete and in pieces . No idea if it can be put togheter . If interested send me PM

Or how about a sellita movement?

Thanks.

I first have to find out what other movements will fit/line up or are the same size etc as the 2789 (if indeed it does take that model of movement)

Found some details on Ranfft so have to do my homework unless someone here knows off by heart.

Edited by ro63rto

I think that with a little work on the hands you can use a Chinese DG2803.

I'm no where near that level. Just a tinkerer in training. [emoji5]

Would prefer a "drop in" but thanks for the pointer. Wasn't aware of those. Might be useful for my other projects. [emoji106]

Edited by ro63rto

Landed in UK on 14th.

Now comes the wait and see period.

Bet I get done for miniscule amount of VAT along with the RM ransom [emoji35]

Still not managed to land a cheap movement or donor. There's a few ending tonight so fingers crossed.

Edited by ro63rto

Oh well.

Looks like I got done.

Arrived this morning and as soon as I held it I felt there was something wrong.

Very light, VERY sharp edges on bracelet, green grunge on crown and crown tube (unlike his clean listing pics). Missing the winding stem. Oh, and no model/serial number on caseback (as on his listing pics)

I've raised a return request stating it's not authentic. So happens he has listed more.