Intro

Hi guys. My name's Dan, I'm 36 and live in Middlesbrough. I've been watching videos about watch repairs and reading up on the parts of a mechanical watch for around a year now, but only in the last few weeks have I actually got round to buying some watches to take apart. Let me tell you I was SHOCKED the first time I opened a watch case and saw just how small everything really is! The videos on YouTube make everything look so much bigger!

I've been a vehicle mechanic for 20 years so I'm used to taking things apart, throwing them all in a box and putting them back together later, however I'm finding that there's a lot more care required with a watch movement!

I thought I'd join as this is always one of the first sites that comes up in my search results for any question I type into Google!

hope to speak with you all soon, I'm sure I'll be here asking some noob questions shortly!

The Boro has changed quite a lot over the last 20 years, and not for the better. I actually moved out of the town 15 years ago to a small village not far away.

Thanks for the pdf! Looks a great read. I'll get it printed today and put it on my work bench!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, watchweasol said:

Hi. I used to live in Tadcaster

Lovely part of the country! I spend most of my days driving along the A64 for work in and around York. I'll be sure to drop plenty of questions soon! I've actually got a couple of watches on the way that I'm pretty sure I'll need some help with! They look pretty beat up from the pics but I love a challenge and an excuse to buy more tools 🤣