Roger Smith's Case Making Video Series

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• 0.3mm hole drilled which was surprisingly easy and went a whole lot better than i expected considering i did it free hand with a carbide bit in a small pin vice,and no breakages. I only have some 0.34mm and 0.5mm blue steel so my plan is to open up the hole to 0.5mm and reduce the pivot down to size to fit the plate bearing before fitting it in the arbor.  I'm not entirely sure on the hole depth, my head is tell me 3x the hole diameter . I dont have a 0.4 mm Nev or i would have.  Turn a new arbor 😲😵 me thinks you overestimate my ability Nev 😅
    • I have never understood how a square can be produced on a lathe, seen plenty of videos but not sure how it works. How do you make the huck on the arbor?
    • personally from my point of view I would say no. This is where more than just an evaluation on one side is needed somebody needs to take the watch apart and see what else is bad. Like it's possible the pivots for those wheels are missing which we really can't see in the picture right now. Then that does appear to be rather heavy rust on the balance bridge and I wonder where else were going to find that rust? just a little clarification here are you new to working on an Omega 1010 watches or are you new to working on watches altogether? The reason I need the clarification is that if you're new to watches and even if this watch came to you for free repairing it is going to be extremely expensive as Omega watches tend to be very expensive for spare parts. you never can tell about watch companies what part numbers we can find.of course the biggest problem of all is this is Omega watch part of Swatch group and Swatch group doesn't like us so they're not going to sell you the spare parts unless you have a swatch account. then if you have to find aftermarket Omega parts because they know that nobody can get those parts that tend to be really expensive is why repairing Omega watches is going to be very expensive. According to the parts list found at the link below there were some jewels available I'm not sure if they're the right one because I haven't quite figured out which jewels those are yet. I'm also attaching a PDF of the parts list to help you identify whatever it is you're going to need it looks like some of the plates were once available although getting a new plates will be problematic it might actually be better to find a scrap watch to steel parts from.   http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=OME_1010       Omega 1010_complet_2236.pdf
    • You mean all that stuff about aliens and black helicopters isn't true?
    • Thanks yes it’s nice to make tools and equipment if we can , I needed a fixed steady for my Pultra I had one for a Pultra with 70mm centre  and I was going to cut it down to be able to use it on my P type ( 50mm centre) but it seemed a shame to butcher such a rare item so made one. Dell