4 hours ago, VWatchie said:

I have been thinking about this sentence since it was posted and have come to the conclusion it is more true than it first appears. Looking at history it's packed full of examples.

It's not what we say that matters, it is what we do and its results.

Never forget that the evilest deeds have always been done with the best of intentions.

"For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing".

• Like 1

There are still a few old antique dealers that show up to the local shows around where I live who are stuck in the mindset of 20 years ago when the antique American watch market was much hotter than it is today. They know I like watches and I often have to politely decline their 7 jewel Walthams that don't run and are missing the bow etc for $250. I don't have the heart to tell them the value is closer to 0. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 6:06 AM, VWatchie said:

I have been thinking about this sentence since it was posted and have come to the conclusion it is more true than it first appears. Looking at history it's packed full of examples.

It's not what we say that matters, it is what we do and its results.

Never forget that the evilest deeds have always been done with the best of intentions.

Not always, just ask Alastair Campbell!

• Like 1