Timex Gold Watch Crowns!

Hi guys, could anybody tell me where to find gold coloured watch crowns!

I've had the stem out of the watch for servicing & it's missing the crown?

The stem looks like it's got splines on the end for the crown to be push fit? Is this right?

The pendant tube diameter is 2.04mm

Spline end of the stem measures 0.92mm in diameter! Crown diameter 3.50

Any ideas please guys! Cheers.......[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bosstaki

If it's the type of stem I think it is the button and stem come complete, it used to be there were only 2 sizes ladies and gents.  I could be talking rubbish as I finished in the trade in the 80.s just after quartz came in.  I once worked on a Timex contract in the 70's and as I remember we just ordered stems complete ladies or gents silver or gold. As I say I could be talking rubbish my memory is good for some things but not everything.  

Hope this helps,  Eddie

I retired to France 4 years ago and still have a lot of material and old and obsolete watches packed away in boxes ( I hate getting rid of anything) so it may be I have some tucked away, but don't hold your breath, there's still 60 boxes in the garage so who knows?

Almost all Timex Crowns are one piece, Crown/Stem together, pressed on. 

There are a few 1950's Models that are threaded.  How old is the Watch?

Does it have numbers on the Dial below the six o'clock marker (Dial Numbers)?

With the Dial Numbers or a picture of the Watch I can tell you what Crown you need.

More than likely I have the Crown in some of my old stock or from a parts watch...

Cheers!

MeticulousOne

Here is a few pic.'s, the first is a pic. of the correct Crown you need, also shows a Stem missing the pressed on Crown.  I also posted pic.'s from a Timex Repair Manual on how to decode the Timex Dial Code.

I also have pic.'s of a 1967 Timex Marlin I restored a few years back.  If you email me your name, address I will ship you this Crown.  I think Members can email each other?

post-1448-0-50352000-1442628277_thumb.jp

post-1448-0-59937900-1442629574_thumb.jp

post-1448-0-19297400-1442629616_thumb.jp

post-1448-0-97181800-1442629643_thumb.jppost-1448-0-13319100-1442629685_thumb.jp