Hello from Central Florida (@timeshed)

My name is Eric, and I have been getting such good info from this forum, so I decided to go ahead and register.

I've been a software engineer for 20+ years, collecting vintage watches and getting into repair more recently.

I'm a huge fan of Tudor and Seiko, having gotten into watches mostly through my first purchases of these two brands, mainly on the vintage side of Seiko watches. Just wanted to intorduce myself and hopefully I can share my journey and add some value somewhere. Hope to meet a lot of those who have helped me on my journey and help others too.

I've noticed others posting in here some of their experience so here is mine:

I started developing my skills by taking apart cheap HMT movements from several HMT watches I scored on Ebay. I guess I shouldn't have started with such small watches, but I've successfully taken a few apart and got one back together and working.

Learning from that experience, I purchased a G.S.T.P. Pocket Watch (WWII) to practice on a larger movement. 
That's where I'm at now, and hopefully, I will get this one working, but then I learned my second lesson, and that is, maybe not start with a movement that it will be hard to get donor parts for.

I have all the basic tools, good screwdrivers, several Moebius oils and greases, a timegrapher, a movement holder, and lots of stuff, but I have learned the most important thing to have is magnification in different levels and PATIENCE.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...