Hi Folks!

Hi There!

I recently fell into the deep hole that is watch repair, and have been learning as I go. Recently started taking apart and reassembling Raketa movements as practice, as well as an NH36. I have a Seiko 4205-0155 on my bench that I am currently restoring, (challenging with the 17mm movement!), and have assembled two Seiko based watches with new movements. 

I have a selection of oils arriving shortly, and will dig into that, and I am saving up for a trinocular microscope to help these older eyes manage.

Looking forward to learning more!

Yani365

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2024 at 4:46 PM, Yani365 said:

I am saving up for a trinocular microscope to help these older eyes manage.

Welcome Yani! Old eyes or not, a microscope is in my opinion one of the most essential tools you can get. It makes a tremendous difference.

1 hour ago, VWatchie said:

It makes a tremendous difference.

Completely agree, I was using other devices and after going to the scope, I don't know how I lasted this long without one. I got one with a camera which helps to take snaps during the disassembly, just in case my memory fails me and I can't remember where everything goes. I got mine from Ali Express, I was a little cautious, but after a year of use I am very happy.

• Like 1