Hello together
I have received a Vostok watch. However, it works with catastrophic values. Can anyone tell me what kind of movement it is? Unfortunately there is nothing engraved on the movement. Could be a 2424 or 2414, are there any differences? Can anyone give me more information?
Thanks a lot

vostok1.jpg

vostok2.jpg

Looks just like the 2414 I have. They run pretty well once cleaned and oiled.

The movement looks in good condition, what's wrong with it? Do you have timegrapher plots?

They usually have a shim under the balance cock. It looks like yours may be too far out, so check the balance end-shake.

image.png.ad897b27ab908a592275b0652fdfb004.png

• Like 3

Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I will show you the plots of the timegraphes tonight. I worked on eta 2824,6498, eta 7750 and nh35. Never worked on a russian movement. I need to check some YT videos.

6 minutes ago, manjo said:

dial down and dial up

IMG20240115224015.jpg

IMG20240115223951.jpg

Would that be fully wound ? Russian watches are renowned for sloppy tolerances. The barrel can suffer from wear inside and arbor seats. You haven't mentioned servicing as yet and the low amplitude might not be providing accurate readings. When you get to servicing, pay particular attention to the condition of the barrel components, wear around the plate and barrel bridge is common, look for scuffing of the plating where brass shows through. Strip it down in readiness for service and post up some clear detailed pictures .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2024 at 7:08 PM, mikepilk said:

Have you checked the balance end shake? That shim looks too far out. You may not have enough end shake which is causing lack of amplitude.

This clock is about 30 years old. It belongs to a work mate of mine. He asked me if I could do something about it because it stops after about 8 hours without being wound. I told him I had to find out more because I don't know these movements and can't guarantee anything. He confirmed that I could "practice" on this watch.

I will disassemble the watch slowly and carefully at the weekend and post pictures here, if that is desired. I am of course grateful for any tips. 

Unfortunately, I can't find any spare parts for the caliber 2424 online.

Is there a caliber that shares the same components? (For example 2414A)?

The watch has, as people mentioned before, a Vostok 2414 movement. If it has never been serviced, it for sure needs one. If needed, the world is awash with cheap 2414 parts & whole 2414 movements. Even though it is said, but not all the parts are interchangeable. The watch you are having is from the transition period (just after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but before "Russia") and the movement, with a gold-colored balance wheel and gold-colored anti-shock spring, is from the Soviet period.

The lift-angle of these movements is 42 degrees.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Endeavor said:

The watch has, as people mentioned before, a Vostok 2414 movement. If it has never been serviced, it for sure needs one. If needed, the world is awash with cheap 2414 parts & whole 2414 movements. Even though it is said, but not all the parts are interchangeable. The watch you are having is from the transition period (just after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but before "Russia") and the movement, with a gold-colored balance wheel and gold-colored anti-shock spring, is from the Soviet period.

The lift-angle of these movements is 42 degrees.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate that

• Like 1