Hello again from the Philippines 🇵🇭

joelcarvajal

Hello, everyone!  Great to be back in this hobby.  I used to be active here until I decided to put this hobby aside.  Now, I’m rebuilding my tool set, eyeing some watches to repair/restore, and more importantly, visiting this good old forum where it all started for me.  Good to see I can still review some of my old posts.

Looking forward to enjoying and learning with you guys.

BTW, anyone from the Philippines here?

54 minutes ago, Waggy said:

Greetings and welcome back 🙂

What types of watches do you prefer, there is a great supplier of Seiko and Citizen in the Philippines that I use quite a lot on eBay, some great prices, some of them are in rough shape, but good for a challenge!

I had the best experience working on an Omega 751 from 1969.  So I’d say I prefer working on vintage Swiss watches.  

The oldest watch I’ve worked on is an Elgin from 1948.  It was challenging but I just ended up relying on a donor movement.

But I’ve done a lot of Seiko’s since parts are very accessible here in the Philippines.

Yes, I also sourced some parts and watches from Ramon.  Very accommodating guy.

What got me back to this hobby is the 6139-6005 that I purchased supposedly for my 50th birthday.  It’s been 2 years and I have yet to start cleaning it. 😝  it’s been completely disassembled though and I’ve purchased some parts for it too.

I’m excited to work on it and share the experience with all of you.

• 2 months later...
On 12/15/2023 at 1:16 AM, Waggy said:

there is a great supplier of Seiko and Citizen in the Philippines that I use quite a lot on eBay, some great prices, some of them are in rough shape, but good for a challenge!

Hi Waggy - would you mind sharing the name of your supplier (or DM me)? I just stumbled on one with dozens of severely beat up old Seiko divers at prices I can't believe. But the dials and movements look correct and I'm tempted because I love a jalopy.

• 3 weeks later...