Incoming lots - where to begin

JerseyMo

On 11/29/2023 at 2:35 PM, Neverenoughwatches said:

Even if there was a cap jewel on the dial side, the pivot will still drop off the cap jewel maker's side when the watch is turned dial down. There still needs to be end shake, the cap is mainly doing its thing when the pivot is resting down on it and then any part vertical position where it still may touch. I guess its assumed that dial up is the most frequent position hence one sided cap  jewel on the MS. That sounds feasible as the watch spends it's night that way up.

The crown and stem missing ?

Mainly Timex?  Do you work on other watches?  

Oops, the website seems to of gone a bit mad. 

Wow, what a haul, I guess Christmas came early! Almost like you need to employ some kind of medical style triage process:

• Red: junk/donor
  • Yellow: Challenge but savable
  • Green: Straight forward
  • White: straight on the wrist (well once you remove the arm cheese)

I'm more than a little envious.

14 hours ago, spectre6000 said:

Does the $/watch work out to a 404 motherlode?

what defines a 404 motherlode?

7 hours ago, Waggy said:

Wow, what a haul, I guess Christmas came early! Almost like you need to employ some kind of medical style triage process:

• Red: junk/donor
  • Yellow: Challenge but savable
  • Green: Straight forward
  • White: straight on the wrist (well once you remove the arm cheese)

I'm more than a little envious.

I do perform a triage process.  First is to look for the quick flips ( little to no work ).  This is to get a return on the purchase.  Next is what I might give away or trade.

after that is just what might catch my eye.  After a period of time I typically just make a lot up and let it go for whatever it brings in.

And I passed on a box full of pocket watch movements.  Mainly because there were no case.  I did grab one that had a set of hands I was looking for. 

Just sold a job lot of watches, mainly quartz, a couple of low quality mechanical. Made the princely sum of £7 but I  had no use for them, so it was either that or the bin. Most didn't work.  Currently selling a  job lot of pocket watche movements, some work, some don't but again, I have no more use for them. Good practice for a  newbie. 

• 2 weeks later...