My father's Accurist watch ID ?

1 minute ago, Nucejoe said:

The keyless is idenitification card of movements.

Aparently your watch needs a full disassembly, good clean and lube, so you will eventually get to the keyless.

Then we'll have to see why set lever doesn't lock onto the stem as the stem sometimes comes out.

A few examples from ebay match up better with Ian's example.

Screenshot_20231204-205002_eBay.jpg

21 minutes ago, ianrichards said:

Excuse the novice question, but what do you mean by this ?

I won’t be touching this movement before I’ve honed my skills a lot more. 
Thanks. 
Ian

As mentioned earlier by myself and now Joe the setting components of the movement such as the setting lever ( pull out piece 😄 ), the yoke ( clutch lever, castle gear wheel lever ) set bridge with setting lever spring ( sometimes called a jumper spring ). Usually 3 pieces  can be used to identify a make and caliber, sort of a finger print . These components can be checked against a documented list, books that contain these lists are the Bestfit watch material catalogs ( American ) Flume ( German ) Catalogue Officiel ( Swiss ). As far as i know these list systems finished sometime in the 70's. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

out of curiosity why did we rule out 1194?

then from the images on the website at the link below it also shows why taken the dial off is good 

I didn't,  calib 1194 is ofcourse the most probable answer.              just that I wasn't 100% sure.

You have said it      " taking the dial off "     only then we can be sure.

Plus the orientation of the balance cock is real confusing , both clock & anticlock orientations were made.

Newbies might not that lots of similar looking calibs were made.

Rgds

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

I didn't,

you didn't and I didn't but everybody else did we have to go back to page 1 of the discussion where it was ruled out so now we have to find something else

5 hours ago, ianrichards said:

Well, bearing in mind that I know nothing, I’ve put an arrow on what I’ve noticed is different. Is this relevant ?

5 hours ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Relevant?  Yes.  The Ranfft has a removable end cap jewel for the escape wheel but also a a shock system on the balance "incabloc ", no shock on yours. 

let's go back to this webpage is it's not right by the way

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&0&2uswk&AS_1194

the end stone on the escape wheel is not an issue the balance protection system is an issue sort of but not really let's go somewhere else

http://cgi.julesborel.com/cgi-bin/matcgi2?ref=AS_1194

so here we get the parts list for the 1194 for which I have the feeling I've just done this the other day oh wait somebody else I think we did do this the other day it's a common movement with variations like on the parts list. Like for instance three different balance completes one of them with a well just like the link above a balance protection system another one with over coil hairspring which probably does not have a balance protection system the watch came in evolution of variations to your base caliber is probably this when you take the dial off someday you'll find out.

oh and before we leave how many different escape wheels you have there's four of them how can that be how can you have forced escape wheels for one watch it make it really complicated watch unless of course there were variations.

know what she should do should ask of someone would be nice and give you a link to the bestfit book you can download it for free but seeing as how I paid for mine I don't feel like telling anyone where to get it for free just one of my weird little things normal L Tilley about anything but somebody else will help to tell you where to get the bestfit book for free. Because the bestfit book has things like the fingerprint system which could be used to identify the watch once the dial comes off or it could be used to explain why four separate escape wheels exist for one watch in a way

so what happens when you identify a watch is you you end up with the base caliber and like this watch has been around for quite a while lots of variations here's the meeting of the different escape wheel pivots basically every combination you can have so the watch had lots of variations more than likely your watches the 1194 or some minor variation

image.thumb.png.232cea247085b03feb8b3e831fd7da69.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1