Just getting into Horology. Following in my Uncle's footsteps.

Blane

Hi,

My uncle was a horologist trained in bomb disposal during WW2. I am semi-retired and just beginning to find the time and patience to have a go myself. I'm starting with my Tissot PR100 472-372-1, which like most I have seen report has sticking sweep second hand. Onwards and upwards, I hope.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, Blane said:

Hi,

My uncle was a horologist trained in bomb disposal during WW2. I am semi-retired and just beginning to find the time and patience to have a go myself. I'm starting with my Tissot PR100 472-372-1, which like most I have seen report has sticking sweep second hand. Onwards and upwards, I hope.

Hi Blane and welcome to the forum, i am also semi- retired, i have time on my hands and patience as well, but i dont think i want to have a go at bomb disposal at this stage in my life.

8 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Hi Blane and welcome to the forum, i am also semi- retired, i have time on my hands and patience as well, but i dont think i want to have a go at bomb disposal at this stage in my life.

...oh c'mon- what kind of attitude is that? What better time? We'll have a go together- we've had a good run....

1 hour ago, rehajm said:

...oh c'mon- what kind of attitude is that? What better time? We'll have a go together- we've had a good run....

No problem matey, YOU can cut the wires, I will shout from a distance which colour to cut first.   " CUT THE BLUE ONE "  BOOOOOOOM .!!!!!!!! . " ACTUALLY NO CUT THE RED ONE " .

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

No problem matey, YOU can cut the wires, I will shout from a distance which colour to cut first.   " CUT THE BLUE ONE "  BOOOOOOOM .!!!!!!!! . " ACTUALLY NO CUT THE RED ONE " .

...seems fair since you'll be on cleanup duty...

• Like 1