Hello dear WRT members

Martin63

Hello everybody,

my name is Martin, I am 60 years young an live happily in Bonn, Germany. My search for help in the internet led me to this forum. I saw many helpful and friendly discussions and therefore decided to sign up. Not only to find answers to my questions, but of course to provide help for others. As I couldn't wait, I already posted a request before introducing me here. Please forgive me for that :).
I have seen collections, with many of the same watches, only in different colors (G-Shocks for example). That's not my goal. My watch collection is an attempt to get watches each with a special feature. So mechanical watches with hand winding or automatic, quartz watches with lcd or hands, with radio control and solar cell etc. One sort of watch seems to be completely forgotten now: A quartz watch with a fly wheel to load the accumulator. In my collections, it's a swatch autoquartz. I also had a Dugena with the same feature but a different (not long lasting) solution. When I tried to find informations at swatch.com, I found none! Personally, I find this more elegant than a solar cell, but it seems, I am the only one :).
My amateurish attempts, up to now brought me a destroyed Casio DB-62 😞 (the lcd) and a successfully swap of a Seiko 7s26 with a more modern NH36 🙂. So there is light and shadow, but I am not discouraged - yet. The DB-62 disaster was due to a bad advice (or bad execution by me) on youtube. I am sure, I will get better advice in this forum. I hope to talk to lots of you in the special sections. See you there.

22 minutes ago, Kalanag said:

Hallo Martin, willkommen in diesem erstklassigen Forum! 🙂

Vielen Dank für den freundlichen Empfang. Sieh an, man spricht deutsch! Wie schön, dann muss ich nicht immer mit denglisch daher kommen :). Obwohl, die Übersetzer-Software heutzutage ist ja derart perfekt, dass es kaum noch Sprachbarrieren gibt. Habe mich noch nicht so richtig umgesehen. Nehme mal an, es gibt es hier sowas wie ein Wörterbuch für die Fachbegriffe (Uhrwerk - Movement, etc.)?

12 hours ago, Martin63 said:

Vielen Dank für den freundlichen Empfang. Sieh an, man spricht deutsch! Wie schön, dann muss ich nicht immer mit denglisch daher kommen :). Obwohl, die Übersetzer-Software heutzutage ist ja derart perfekt, dass es kaum noch Sprachbarrieren gibt. Habe mich noch nicht so richtig umgesehen. Nehme mal an, es gibt es hier sowas wie ein Wörterbuch für die Fachbegriffe (Uhrwerk - Movement, etc.)?

Hey Martin

I just used some simple German words for your welcome knowing that they can be understand easily by the English speaking members, but in general we should speak English here. 😉

https://www.timezonewatchschool.com/WatchSchool/Glossary/glossary.shtml

IMG_5166.jpeg

IMG_5165.jpeg

Edited by Kalanag

On 10/14/2023 at 1:34 PM, Kalanag said:

Hi Kalanag,

thank you very much for these informations. English is no problem for me (but only for those who read my texts 🙂). But with the provided glossary and pictures I will surely have no problems here in this nice forum. The support for my first request already was a great success (Citizen Crystron Solar Cell - How to access the dial). Without the support and encouragement, I would have already given up. Registering here was definitively the right decision and I surely will have a lot of fun here. 😄

Many thanks to everyone for this warm welcome. Knowing to have a community as a back for sometimes delicate operations, encourages me and makes me feel safe. Hope to give that back in the future.

• Like 1