I'm a beginner, having taken Mark's excellent online courses and slowly building my skills over the past 6 months. After practicing on a couple of dozen cheap eBay watches I'm moving on now to something that has more value, at least to me. It's my late father's Longines "Grand Prize" with a Longines 324 movement, given to him in 1968 for 20 years service at his job. 

I've disassembled the movement, documenting and photographing as I go, and I've come across something I haven't seen before. The assembly shown in the attached photos is part of the automatic mechanism, perhaps part of the reversing function? It contains several moving parts but I cannot figure out how to disassemble it for proper cleaning and lubrication. 

I don't have a good setup yet for taking high magnification photos, so apologies if the photos are not as useful as they could be.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

Compress_20230824_122504_4193.jpg

Compress_20230824_122504_4371.jpg

Compress_20230824_122504_4523.jpg

Compress_20230824_122504_4653.jpg

Compress_20230824_122504_4789.jpg

3 hours ago, BelvidereWoods said:

Longines 324

I'm not finding any information on this watch at all online are you sure that's the actual number of the watch?

then for reversing wheel like that as we have zero debt documentation and zero reference in zero parts list we can't be 100% certain but I'm guessing it does not come apart. Because there's no online references at all to this movement you would not feel the replace that if you damage it. They do make lubrication's for reverser wheels now so you clean it assembled and lubricate with LUBETA V105.he the 105

https://www.esslinger.com/eta-lubeta-v105-and-v106-lubricants-for-reversing-wheels-and-ball-bearings/

then everybody in the group works slightly different when they're helping you. I like to see the complete watch because oftentimes I'll say oh one of those as opposed to bits and pieces and the not recognize it at all. then of course without a cracked movement number we can't get things like the attached parts list.

One of the problems with online documentation is typically it's existence is for identification of parts in part ordering. Even the companies who may or may not have had service information they assume that you're a professional watchmaker and you don't need detailed service information.

so for instance for slightly newer Longines typically the technical literature is only the first page of the service manual the parts pictures like this and maybe the parts description and then nobody bothered the scan in the service information. Or in this particular case you just get pictures but the picture tells us the reversing wheel is one component it does not, parts.

They'll have to look if I have some time this evening I might have additional information on this now that I know what I'm looking for those your automatic way to have that really big peculiar gear that circles around?

754_Longines 340, 342, 345.pdf