Hi I'm having issue every time a clean my pallet fork even doing it lightly after putting back in to the movement it stops doing draw drop to lock not properly what could be the issue please if someone can help 

L&R Rinse 3 (I assume this is what you are referring to) should be OK and not damage the shellac holding in the stones in place as it is mainly white spirit (Stoddard solution) and naphtha 70:30 mix, respectively. So if this is all you are using and you are cleaning gently, it would appear that the reason for the problem lies elsewhere. As @oldhippy suggests, pictures will help in further understanding the problem and let us provide more help and guidance.

2 hours ago, Murks said:

Hi I'm having issue every time a clean my pallet fork even doing it lightly after putting back in to the movement it stops doing draw drop to lock not properly what could be the issue please if someone can help 

Might be better to post pictures of the pallet fork. Was everything working ok before removed to clean it ? Is this one watch or everywatch you are servicing?  What are you meaning by everytime ? How are you thinking draw and drop to lock is meaning ? Is it stopping the watch from running ? Are you sure its the cleaning that is causing the issue and not the installation  ? Are the pivots damaged ?

Most watches am servicing I'm having the same issue yes have installed stone properly before cleaning the pallet stone everything was all working before cleaning the pallet this is the picture movement 

IMG-20230727-WA0000.jpg

59 minutes ago, Murks said:

That's a new pallet a just put in still doing the things believe it could be my escape wheel teeth

Very unlikely it would be all the teeth, are you getting some running and then stopping ? Start with some easy things first, lets have a look at the pivots of both the escape wheel and pallet fork. Lets not assume its the pallet stones just yet unless you've been playing with them or soaked them too long in ipa alcohol.

1 hour ago, Murks said:

That's a new pallet a just put in still doing the things believe it could be my escape wheel teeth

Is this pallet fork correct for the movement ?

5 hours ago, Murks said:

Most watches am servicing I'm having the same issue yes have installed stone properly before cleaning the pallet stone everything was all working before cleaning the pallet this is the picture movement 

If most watches your servicing have the same issue then it's probably something that you are either doing incorrectly or something else related to you not the watch. Then installed the stones properly does that mean you remove the pallet stones? Like for cleaning or some other reason?

4 hours ago, Murks said:

One of the problems were having when trying to help you is what exactly is the problem here? In other words you're talking about replacing or playing with the pallet stones and could that be an issue then we get to this is a brand-new pallet fork then why would the pallet stones moving around be an issue? Maybe the issue is really something else?

If you remove the pallet fork does the gear train spin?

Everything looks filthy. The pallet stones should look like God himself offered them down. The pallet pivots likewise, as well as the pallet hole jewels. I'm seeing either damage or a lot of other stuff (filth). The hole jewels should be pegged (shave new wood for each hole), pivots planted in fresh pithwood, and the pallet stones clean. If the L&R isn't doing it, go old school Ronsonol, clean brush. The slightest imperfection here = not running well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nickelsilver said:

If the L&R isn't doing it

The question would be why isn't it doing it as that is a commercial product and should work just fine if it's being used correctly. Then yes the watch definitely has that look of something that's never been cleaned.

Try putting some power in the mainspring by winding the watch and see how the escape wheel locks with the pallet stones and photograph it, as no one can tell what kind of lock it has. The pallet stones look filthy, so trying to diagnose a problem with glaringly big problems is going to be impossible.

Edited by Jon