Operating My New Steiner Jacot Tool

There are many discussions about the Jacot tool here on WRT. It's definitely one of my favourite tools as it allows me to restore badly worn and even rusty pivots and pivot shoulders. So, as a little tribute to this tool, I asked my wife to record a few seconds of me using my new Steiner Jacot tool while restoring a centre wheel. Hope you enjoy it and maybe even get some use out of it. Of course, I made a Youtube short video 😉

Edited by VWatchie
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, VWatchie said:

There are many discussions about the Jacot tool here on WRT. It's definitely one of my favourite tools as it allows me to restore badly worn and even rusty pivots and pivot shoulders. So, as a little tribute to this tool, I asked my wife to record a few seconds of me using my new Steiner Jacot tool while restoring a centre wheel. Hope you enjoy it and maybe even get some use out of it. Of course, I made a Youtube short video 😉

Looking rather masterful with that burnisher Watchie 👍. I would have liked to see the coinciding bow action. I'm guessing you are using your left hand for the bow ? In some strange way i am imaging a mouse running in two direction on his mouse wheel that has the jacot pulley attached to its wheel sprindle, i can even hear his wheel swishing backwards and forwards. Can i ask does that thought make me wierd or is this a new eco friendly power source, one up on Endeavor's .

• Haha 1

Thanks @Neverenoughwatches (makes me feel a bit proud to hear)! 🙂

I don't use a bow (I would want to try one but haven't been able to find one yet). Instead, I use an extendable key ring with the yoyo function. It was a tip I originally got from a video by @jdrichard. I really think I would prefer a bow but the Yoyo keyring works well enough.

I published a picture of the Yoyo keyring and some other thoughts about using the Jacot tool in this post.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VWatchie said:

Thanks @Neverenoughwatches (makes me feel a bit proud to hear)! 🙂

I don't use a bow (I would want to try one but haven't been able to find one yet). Instead, I use an extendable key ring with the yoyo function. It was a tip I originally got from a video by @jdrichard. I really think I would prefer a bow but the Yoyo keyring works well enough.

I published a picture of the Yoyo keyring and some other thoughts about using the Jacot tool in this post.

I thought your technique looked pretty good although if i can make the suggestion of sticking your tongue out slightly which does help with concentration . I'd have just liked the camera panned back a bit to satisfy my rodent 🐁 powered theory 🙂.

Edited by Neverenoughwatches
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, HectorLooi said:

What would you recommend as a comfortable working height when using your Jacot tool? Shoulder height or chest height?

If the question was for me I'd definitely say chest height. That said I imagine it to be a matter of individual preferences. So, try different positions and see what you prefer, but I wouldn't be surprised if you'd also say chest height.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...