Newbie introduction... obviously with newbie questions ;o)

Tazrant

Hello all... *waves*

Just spent the last 5 hours building/assembling (forgive me if I don't know the correct terminology yet of what constitutes "building" or "assembling") my first watch... and of course it didn't all go exactly to plan *hehe* The inevitable "how do I fix this silly thing I've done!!!!" questions will come later, but for here, just a hello and introducing myself.

Despite the first endeavour not going quite the way I wanted, I ended up with a working time-piece... sorta... it's assembled into something I can wear on my wrist, and it keeps time... I just can't get the crown stem to set properly so I can set the time! 😕 Hence googling "ETA 2824 crown stem won't set properly" and found this place. Even the very first thread I read had the answer I was looking for so yay for t'internet.

My eyes are killing me from straining all day, so I'll leave the fix for another time. But I had an awesome day mucking about and making something with my hands that I can point at and tell my friends, "what? this auld thing? ah yeah.. no, I made it myself."

Looking forward to conversing with you all 🐵

Cheers,

Taz

• Like 2