Orient 46943 slow moving crown in the second position after assembling.

Hi I have an issue with the crown. After assembling of the mechanism crown is moving slower than it should in the second position (time setting position to be correct). So, may be someone can give me a decent advice how to fix it please 😄 

Well problem is not with the crown to be honest, may be something about wheels idk

Edited by vivat

• vivat changed the title to Orient 46943 slow moving crown in the second position after assembling.

I've spoken with vivat in a private chat, what's happening is when pulling the crown to second position (time setting) it becomes very hard to turn and set the time. I've suggested removing the hands and dial and checking again, then the date/dial giard plate and checking again. It sounds like there's an issue with the motion works.

Edited by lexacat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, watchweasol said:

it its a matter of reducing it to basics then rebuilding and testing as you go.      

I concur with WW on this ,  test each part's workings  as you disassemble, more important when reassembling.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The Boro has changed quite a lot over the last 20 years, and not for the better. I actually moved out of the town 15 years ago to a small village not far away. Thanks for the pdf! Looks a great read. I'll get it printed today and put it on my work bench!
    • Not having all the fancy equipment, this is a way I came up with. I never said it was the best, the most ideal or the safest way. Working on balances is always a delicate task and full concentration & common sense should prevail. I was well aware of the "dangers" / short comings involved, hence my "warnings", as quoted above. The balance wheel of the Omega was nice true, flat and one could clearly see how much gap there was left before the grinding wheel would touch the balance wheel. My idea of penning this article was to show/share a way which, in my case, perfectly succeeded. If deemed to risky, or if the balance wheel is not true or has a wobble, other methods have to be followed.
    • I loved his explanation of a teardown 😅 Ex military Richard Perrett, pretty knowledgeable guy.
    • I also see a bit of danger for the wheel, at least you have to keep away from it and may get a too thick rest ring. My rest rings are about 0.05 mm. Better way would be a grinding wheel touching the staff with its circumference. Frank
    • Not easy to find this one everywhere,  so it depends where you are located. Joining it back together might be possible, i have silver soldered mild steel before even with traditional plumbers lead and its a pretty strong joint, but bere in mind this is only 1mm diameter.  The join would need to be very accurate,  it not something i have heard of anyone trying before. The part no 401 is the swiss code number and relates to watch winding stems in general