Hello from Seattle!

AndrewSi

I'm a complete newbie other than having completed a Rotate make-a-watch kit with a Seagull ST36 movement.  I intend to use that for teardown practice, I've been tooling up for that and I'm midway through Mark's level 2 course.  I've also watched many hours of the youtube WristwatchRepair channel, which is what led me back to Mark's lessons. Hoping to take an in-person class offered here in Seattle for hobbyists later this year. Picture of my Breitling daily driver attached, which I will not be attempting to open up anytime soon. 🙂

IMG_0927.jpeg

On 1/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, AndrewSi said:

Hoping to take an in-person class offered here in Seattle for hobbyists later this year.

I assume you mean Norwest School of Horology? If so while you're waiting for class to open up you might want to look at the Thursday night class. It has openings basically whenever you're ready. A nice complement to an online class from Mark where you can come and make use of the physical bench tools Plus somebody answer a question or two. Plus other people just like you learning watch repair.

19 hours ago, dadistic said:

and you are lucky as an aspiring watchmaker to be in Seattle, there are great resources there.

I think what makes Seattle interesting is having a watch school. Although now we have two schools one for the professionals and one for the hobbyists. The hobbyist school allows other things to exist like this group. Then I see their slow at updating their website I know they're going to have a meeting in February open basically to anybody that wants to show up.

http://www.norwestschoolofhorology.com/wwca/index.html

• Thanks 1