Hello from Yorkshire

MM4D

Hi, everyone.
I'm David from Leeds in the UK.

I currently have two old clocks. The first a Soapstone clock, which was won by my Great (Great?) Uncle in a Penny Farthing race. It's currently boxed away and needs some attention from a professional to get it back into working order I think.

My second, and the reason that brought me here is a Vitascope my Grandfather bought for my Grandmother in 1946. Whilst it is working, it could do with some cleaning and rewiring to keep it in a safe working condition. 

IMG_6981.JPG

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrIQhEEy1NjD24A8wd3Bwx.;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1666464645/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.davewestclocks.co.uk%2fClockrepairs%2frepairing.a.vitascope.clock.htm/RK=2/RS=WEeq0IvbIDUYmymhQYmXfHTZaFE-

Hello David and welcome to the forum,  Its strange this is the second request for information on the Vitascope clocks. the above web site (Davewestclocks) has a section on these particular clocks which I have attached for your interest.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, MM4D said:

Hi, everyone.
I'm David from Leeds in the UK.

I currently have two old clocks. The first a Soapstone clock, which was won by my Great (Great?) Uncle in a Penny Farthing race. It's currently boxed away and needs some attention from a professional to get it back into working order I think.

My second, and the reason that brought me here is a Vitascope my Grandfather bought for my Grandmother in 1946. Whilst it is working, it could do with some cleaning and rewiring to keep it in a safe working condition. 

IMG_6981.JPG

Eyup Dave young man. A fellow yorkshireman to banter with 👍. Good story, i once tried to ride one of those as a teenager, my friends step father had one. It was hilarious, i tore a hole in some new jeans, my mother was not impressed 😅