Greetings!

Claudius

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to watch repair, kinda sorta.  I say kinda sorta because I have repaired, cleaned and lubricated, restored a number of other clocks, anniversary clocks, mantel and wall clocks, grandfather clocks and so on.  Best as I can tell the one real difference is size; is that a fair statement?

But anyway, I'm looking forward to interacting with this membership.  I've read some posts and am impressed with the degree of experience that I see.  

About me, I'm a broke down old washed up engineer.  I spent thirty some number of years building cars, air draw sheet metal stamping and plastic injection molding.  I've worked in an assembly plant and a number of tier I plants.  Super A sheet metal stamping presses are driven mechanically, most designs use herringbone gears in the crown of the press that are some number of feet across so there's a connection between presses, clocks and watches.

I really like the feel of this website and really look forward to reading more of the information presented.  By the bye, I have a social media website running on a server in the basement if Kitty Cat's house.  If anyone would like an account the address is, "https://redrubberball.hopto.org/  So far as websites go there really isn't much going on but there's some potential.