Hello newbie from London here trying to save some money by repairing where possible. Battery stoped and I had some Water that must have rusted the stem. I took it out cleaned as much as possible but it wouldn’t move the hands once screwed back in and then trying to take it out of the crown it broke. So trying to find a new stem and crown for my WL1214 ideally in U.K.? Your expert help appreciated. Bajie 

Edited by Bajie

1 hour ago, Bajie said:

ome Water that must have rusted the stem

the problem with water in a watch is it tends to not stay in one place and it can migrate all over the place. so could have rusty components just about everywhere in the watch or maybe just stayed localized whoever the water entered like typically through the stem crown area. But typically it goes every place.

1 hour ago, Bajie said:

So trying to find a new stem and crown for my WL1214 ideally in U.K.?

when you're looking for stems you'll need a movement number you're giving us a model number of a watch. Watch parts are by the movement number it be nice to have a picture of the back of the watch so we can see the movement help you identify it.

The crown that it's going to be more interesting. I assume you want a new crown because the old one was leaking? The problem with crowns like this if it's a screw on crown for instance identifying it may be challenging. Usually case parts are identified with the case number. Some manufacturers don't like watchmakers so there are no availability of case cross reference numbers case parts etc. If you're lucky you can find something aftermarket maybe. It may be possible just replace the gasket in the crown or just keep your watch away from water. Depending upon its wrong with the crown of the first place

Thank you for the comments. I’ve a battery on order and yes I’ll see if it starts again first. The other no is PL6823 photo added. I thought it possible to get just the stem and if I can get the old unscrewed the just screw in the new? Or is this not what you get ie you get crown and stem? I also wouldn’t use it again in water. 

9964052D-ECE9-42D8-92D8-A0D11CBEE6DB.jpeg

9E8832B7-FA7B-4FD5-8CD8-F2ACA4B71226.jpeg

FYI the watch has sentimental value as I bought it when my son was born 22yrs ago so I’d keep either way but to have it running non-waterproof would be ideal. I’ve got into watches and I’m fascinated by them and I’m looking at the sub $500 for my next. I’ve did lots of research and I’m taken by the Invicta ProDiver auto with the Sekio Movement and looks very good for next to nothing in Watch money. Thanks for your helpful comments 

1 hour ago, Bajie said:

FYI the watch has sentimental value

it's always bad  if you're new to watch repair to work on something with sentimental value. Just a warning in case you breaker or destroy it..

1 hour ago, Bajie said:

I thought it possible to get just the stem and if I can get the old unscrewed the just screw in the new?

yes that's the general concept. usually the new stem is long so it has to be cut the proper length. then usually a little bit of filing shape the ending get it perfect. Then once everything seems to fit in his right now the Loctite to keep it from unscrewing.

But we still need a movement identification  the image attached is your image notice it's fuzzy which means we can't read the numbers you have to read the numbers.. Typically they'll be located in the circled area on the main plate  where there sometimes located..  Typically there will be letters like this esa then ill be a six digit number with the decimal points in the middle. That's what we need to get a stem.. The only people who can identify the movement with the other numbers would be somebody who has access to a database for that watch which would be none of us..

movement identification locations.JPG

10 hours ago, Bajie said:

Tag 3.98 does this help?

was that number found in one of the locations that I circled?

Companies who manufacture watches  often ppurchase their watches from somebody else.. The people who made the original movement usually stamped their number on the main plate.. That's the number we need on the other hand if you go searching online you might find the image like I found below which strangely enough has the same tag number so it probably is the same watch but it would be nice if you could verify the movement number is really the same. tthen help you out I circled the number that were looking for on your watch should be in the same place.

Tag.JPG

So it looks like 9mm and I could get the broken end off the crown. Thanks I’ll order the extenders and trim to circa15mm. All depends on if the movement still moves but if not looks like $50 for replacement and then I’ll seek advice on taking off and putting on the original Tag face and hands. Thanks for all the help to this point. 

AD071B43-F88E-405B-B522-467C5E61A9D9.png