Timex watches

I feel Timex watches routinely get a bad rap.  They held a significant market share for a considerable amount of time for a reason.  They helped the average American get through their day with acceptable accuracy at a reasonable price.  While deciding between a Timex or arguably a better watch, I'm sure many a customer agonized over what may now seems to be a minor difference in price, regardless of what that difference may have gotten them.  We will never know how much the economy end of Swiss production would have cost without the millions of Timex watches to compete against but I can't imagine it would have been any less.

To my knowledge, my Grandfather exclusively wore Timex watches and he never broke one.  For me, that's a good enough reason to want some but they're not all I own.

Thanks for reading.

Shane 

• Like 2

Timex has a fascinating history. The descendant of Waterbury Clock, Waterbury Watch, & Ingersoll, the modern company was formed when Norwegian refugees from the Nazi advance bought Waterbury Clock in 1941.  They promptly built a state of the art manufacturing plant, and proceeded to build mechanical time fuses and gyros. This plant was something,  it could be flooded and completely covered with water. Enemy planes flying above would only see a quiet pond 🙂 This was on Ingersoll Hill, named in honor of the Ingersoll Brothers.

Cheers!

History from "Timex, A Company and its Community 1854-1998"

• Like 3