Right now I am currently working on a Venus 188 but the driving wheel that sits on the extended pivot does not fit. The hole is too big. I had this problem with a tissot 27-621b too. I ordered a new part for the Tissot but is there an effective way to crimp these holes so I dont have to spend loney on replacement parts. 
If not, something i can fill the hole with and then ”make a new hole” with a broach that fits nicely?

thanks for any help!!

1 hour ago, praezis said:

A slight tap with a rounded punch on the bottom side of the bore will close it enough for a tight seat (usually).

Agreed.  I would expect the rounded punch to be of significant nose radius and diameter in comparison to the hole your trying to shrink.  I feel you will get better penetration of your efforts, and straighter hole.  You may still be required to fit the parts to each other afterwards.

Best of luck.

Shane 

17 hours ago, praezis said:

Hello,

a slight tap with a rounded punch on the bottom side of the bore will close it enough for a tight seat (usually).

Frank

That sounds like a great idea!

thanks for the help. I am just getting a staking set as well so it will be perfect!