Hello, new here :)

Hello all, new here. I’m in central Florida. My dad got me into collecting vintage watches a few years ago. After spending a pretty penny on having his repair guy do the work for me, I decided about a year and a half ago to start working on my own watches myself. I’ve gradually learned a lot, going from tearing apart a movement without knowing a thing, getting my first movement running again a few months later, and now doing fairly well on most watches I service. I know I have lots to learn still, and many questions I post may seem quite beginner like, so I apologize in advance. I’m completely self taught, only seeking advice from 2 horologists via email now and then who are kind enough to answer questions when I have them. But now I’d like to branch out and get the opinions of others. Thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum!

Somebody who opens something up without prior instruction has got to be adventurous! Once I took apart a lock and springs shot everywhere. That was my last lock adventure.

Post some shots of your watch collection!

1 hour ago, grsnovi said:

Somebody who opens something up without prior instruction has got to be adventurous! Once I took apart a lock and springs shot everywhere. That was my last lock adventure.

Ahh yes - from experience I learned what was going to fly out across the room, and quickly taught myself how to NOT do that again 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grsnovi said:

I once cut a golf ball open in someone's bedroom to see what it was made of.  When I hit the centre, brown goo squirted out all over the ceiling and walls.  Oops. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

welcome @watcherwomem really good forum with lots of members only to willing to help us newbees with our journey in to the art of watch repairs.

It's nice to see a young lady on the forum enjoy your stay with us 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.